Monday, December 04, 2006

Thoughts from the Weekend

Here, in no particular order, are some thoughts from the weekend:

1. We are coming down to the wire on the Soaring Eagles Project, and Rachel wrote to us yesterday to tell us that she has 118 hats so far. That's good, but nowhere near the 300 she needs. She is also trying to determine what to expect by Dec. 18th. I wrote back and said I would send 12, although I will try to make more if I can this week, since headbands are also acceptable. Rachel posted a pattern and some links to headband patterns on the site today. So if you have any time at all this week and can make a hat or headband, please do so. I think this is a really deserving project.

2. Speaking of the Soaring Eagles Project, my weekend knitting/crocheting once again focused on hats! Yesterday, I finished one crocheted hat, worked for a while on a knitted hat that isn't growing fast enough, and then made another crocheted beanie last night. I do love how quickly I can crochet hats! I used the "boy beanie" in Stitch & Bitch: The Happy Hooker for the second hat, and I really like the pattern. I will post a picture at the end of the week with what I accomplish this week. I was a little annoyed yesterday, though, because I was all set to hunker down in the afternoon and stitch during the UConn men's basketball game, but the game wasn't on TV. So I hunkered down with my Ipod and stitched to music instead. At least I hunkered down as well as anyone can while jumping up and down to deal with laundry at regular intervals!

3. Apparently a lot of people, myself included, are getting rather fed up with Bloglines. They really have been slow about picking up new posts from the blogs I read. So following a tip from Norma, I exported my feeds to Google Reader. So far, I am very happy with Google. It is much faster to pick up posts than Bloglines, and the posts are easier to read. I don't have to actually link over to the blog to read it, like I did with some blogs on Bloglines. I am still using both, and the links in my sidebar still reflect my Bloglines subscriptions. Actually, that is the only thing I can't find so far on Google Reader - html code to add my subscriptions to my sidebar. If I find that, I will probably drop Bloglines altogether.

There's probably more, but I am running out of time this morning. More tomorrow!

No comments: