Thursday, June 04, 2009

#1 of 52


I finished my striped socks yesterday, for my first project of the 52 Projects in 52 Weeks challenge. These were knitted toe up, with a short row heel, using Janet Rehfeldt's instructions. (I don't have a link, but her book on toe up socks is finally available.) I think I need more practice binding off toe up socks, because the top edge just looks a little wonky to me. (Or maybe the socks just need blocked.) However, the socks look just fine on. (Pardon the white legs above the socks.)

I used Regia Crazy Color yarn for these socks. The socks used a total of 272 yards, which was just over 1 skein of yarn. So I now have 188 yards in the second skein that I still need to use up. I'm thinking about a pair of fingerless mittens in the near future.

2 comments:

Taphophile said...

Blimey! A project a week! May have to go have a lie down just thinking about it. Love the Regia.

Criquette said...

Your socks look great and don't look wonky at all! And I had to laugh at your comment on your white legs. Mine are so white right now I'm afraid to wear shorts in public!