Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Knitting Olympics

Lately, I have been contemplating joining the Knitting Olympics. (The link takes you to the rules from 2006, but it will be the same this time around.) I have been thinking about a project that would be challenging and yet doable in 17 days. Over at the Ravelry stash knitdown group, there is a team forming. (And for a chuckle, check out the group Ravelympics. I love the names of the various teams and events!) I've been torn between trying a sweater and attempting a difficult lace project.

And then last night the dh informs me that he really doesn't like watching the Olympics on tv, and all my plans pretty much went down the drain. I mean, there's no point trying the Knitting Olympics if I can't watch the real thing while I do it. And it will be too hot to knit anywhere but in the basement family room, where I have to share the tv. But perhaps it is for the best. I probably don't need that kind of stress in my life right now anyway! Maybe it would be better to wait for the next winter games, when it will be much more comfortable to knit a big project and I won't be in the throes of summer reading at work. And I will have 2 years to plan out the perfect project. Yeah, that's the ticket!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Yeah.......thats the ticket, winter olympics are more interesting too. I probably won't turn them on, just not into much tv in summer.

Right you are about the weather in winter vs the clouds we had in Calf. It wasn't great, but it did not keep us from doing anything we wanted to do.

Hope to have some time after work to hope over to Rav. and check out some things. Just finishing up here then have a few errands, then onto work.

Take Care
Sandy
also want to find the other 2 places you mentioned for Warm Up Winchester.

Sandy

NatRed2 said...

There is still time to change your mind!!! I am on Team Tardis - and with all the knitting I have planned, I don't think I will be watching much of the Olympics.