Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Back to Crocheting

The other thing that happened this past weekend was that I decided it was time to try crocheting again. My left thumb, while not perfect, is much, much better than it was. I am still wearing the brace at work, to keep myself from doing anything dumb that could potentially reinjure the hand. It still twinges once in a while, but over all it is fine. So over the weekend, I picked up Mocha Rocha again and worked a bit more on the band around the body. (No pictures because it doesn't look that much different yet.) Once I finish the band, I am going to weave some ends in and then start on the sleeves.

I also picked up the Eva shawl again and got part of one row done. (It would have been more, except for the durned bathroom.) I really want to get that project finished, because I have decided that I want to enter it into the Big E. I think having a goal that involves a deadline will help to motivate me to get it finished.

And last but not least, I hauled 2 bags of yarn down to the family room last night. I am getting tired of just sitting in front of the tv and not doing anything. So now that I can crochet again, I am back to working on hats and other small items for charity, just to keep my hands busy at night. I'm not setting any goals. I'm just going to see what I can get done.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Whats the big E? I hear ya about multiple projects and deadlines, and doing a bit of this and a bit of that. Our bathroom needs redoing too, but it's hard for me to get hubby motivated...he keeps reminding me we only have one bathroom. I think we need to hire someone and leave town, come back when it's done. Thats not what he's picturing. So, good luck to you on your projects and hope your hand continues to improve each and every day.

Sandy