Monday, June 23, 2008

Deadline Knitting Again

This weekend, I occupied myself with 2 projects that need to be completed, at least "to a point", by next week. First up, I restarted the sock, and this time it fits. Yeah!
Right now, it is just about 3.5" and it needs to be 8" by next Sunday. I have a lot of knitting to do this week.

I started the second project yesterday morning. It is the Montego Bay Scarf from IK Summer 2007. I'm using a skein of Tofutsies for this scarf.
Right now, I have 2.5" done. I would like it finished by July 3rd. I have a whole lot more knitting to do this week! If I get this finished, it will be my first Seasons of Lace project.

And wouldn't you know that today is the official start of the summer reading season, and I will probably be exhausted until September. This summer is shaping up to be even more stressful than usual. We have one part timer leaving next week to take a full time job at another library. And we are facing very significant budget cuts in the next fiscal year. So I think that I am only going to blog over the summer when I have FOs to show off. Hopefully, that will happen fairly frequently, but you never know.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Such pretty blues for both the lacey scarf and the socks. Sorry to hear about the cutbacks at libraries. I remember well all those summer reading programs my daughter was involved in......she loved them! She loved to read and it occupied a big part of her summer.

I don't blog everyday because of time either; but hope you blog more often than just when things are finished. I love to see things in progress too. Though I often don't take pics while I'm working on something; somehow...we just can't fit it all in.

Why the deadlines? ARe these gifts?

Take Care and enjoy
Sandy

Sandy said...

Thanks for the feedback. Hope things calm down for you such that you can enjoy this up coming long wkend.

Take Care
Sandy
added some more vacation pics....a look at the ocean might give you a 5 minute break.