Monday, June 09, 2008

Back to Work Today

So my week off is over, and I am going back to work today. I enjoyed my week, but I am ready to feel useful again (especially with all the bad economic news last Friday - it feels good to know I have a job to go to today). I didn't accomplish quite as much as I wanted to, mostly because by the end of the week my left hand/thumb really hurt again. I finally decided that I was reinjuring the hand every time I used it to do anything and that I needed to immobilize the thumb to let it heal. So Saturday afternoon I went to CVS and bought a thumb brace. It is helping already, but it is seriously curtailing my crafting for the time being.

At the moment, I can do the knit stitch and that's about it. Even purling is difficult. Crocheting is not even an option at the moment (and believe me, I tried to do it with the brace on). Last night, I finished the drop stitch scarf I have been working on (pictures to come), so now I need to find/start another project that uses garter stitch as a base. I'll let you know what I come up with.

2 comments:

Real Life Mad Man said...

I'm sorry to hear your thumb is bothering you...I was having similar problems with the muscles around my pointy and middle finger last week. Major ouch.

Thanks for your comment on my post...I would be happy to send stuff to your guild which could be forwarded on to the places in Connecticut, so let me know if that's' how you want me to proceed. Otherwise I will take your suggestion and check out the Prayer Shawl Ministry :)

Real Life Mad Man said...

Awesome!

Do you want any kind of wool blend or are they pretty loosey goosey?

Also, let me know if you want me to send stuff to you or to the specific address in CT, which I'd need :)

That was a long sentence :O