Thursday, December 07, 2006

Caps for the Capital Again

In the midst of all the other charity work I am involved with this week, I keep hearing about Save the Children's Caps to the Capital Campaign again. I received an email newsletter from Bernat on Monday that mentioned the project, with numbers. Save the Children's goal was 250,000 hats by the end of the year, but apparently they have only received 24,700 so far. This is not so good. Save the Children does now have an interactive map up, so you can see how many people from each state are participating.

Then, this morning, Dee was kind enough to send along an article from the New London, CT newspaper that I found completely charming. Apparently the Lyman Allyn Art Museum has decided to decorate their Christmas tree with baby hats that will then be donated to Save the Children at the end of the year. The picture of the tree is just precious! I am glad to know that hats are still being donated to this worthy cause. Once I get my box off to the Soaring Eagles Project, and get some work done on the two swaps I am involved in, I will try to make a few more caps as well. I certainly have plenty of yarn scraps around from all the hats I have made in the last few weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Great blog! Thought you would like to know that the Lyman Allyn Art Museum ended up collecting 473 hats for the caps for the capital campaign.