Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I Think I'm Back!

At least, I am going to try to get back to blogging on a regular basis. Wow, this summer was tough. I feel like my life has been completely shut down except for work. I have missed every crochet guild meeting all summer, and this month, I didn't even make it to our Borders get together. I was just too tired. I'm sure it has to do with the high gas prices, but in 10 years at the library, I have never seen a busier summer. We have struggled to keep up with the most basic tasks every day. The only bright spot has been the incredible team of teen volunteers working with us this summer. I have been grateful that I haven't needed to worry about the shelving and the date due card stamping, since I have had to worry about just about everything else. (But then, that's why I'm the manager and get the big money - to worry!)

So, as you can imagine, not much has been happening on the crafting front. I have spent a lot of time on the weekends staring at my projects and thinking about working on them. But then I just couldn't bring myself to actually pick them up. But since I couldn't stop crocheting entirely, I did something I almost never do. I found 2 easy patterns, and I have been making them over and over again. First up, I have been making baby hats.
I think I have made one more hat since I took this photo. (I found this pattern on the web not all that long ago, but the URL isn't working at the moment, so the pattern may not be available any more.)

And then I have been making baby booties.
Again, I think I have one or two more pairs made since this photo. I am absolutely cringing at the amount of sewing I have to do on these, but I will get it done. (This pattern is my modification of Bev's Very Easy Booties.)

The hats and booties will be donated either to a couple of charity sales booths coming up in the fall, or to an actually charity (probably Warm Up Winchester). I will do a final tally before I donate them. I will say that this is a great way to use up partial skeins of sport weight baby yarn. And things must be getting better, because last night I actually comtemplated moving on the adult sized hats.

2 comments:

PJ said...

Good to see you back Priscilla! We've missed you at the meetings.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back, Priscilla! :D