Wednesday, July 01, 2009

July Goals

The news about my July goals is that I have decided not to set any goals for July. My left foot has been bothering me the past month. It has been swollen frequently, and the top of the foot has been tingly off and on. I injured the foot 9 years ago, and I was concerned that I had reinjured it (although I didn't remember doing anything to it.) So I went to the orthopedic doctor yesterday afternoon and got the good news that there is nothing wrong with my foot. (Since I had been having visions of my foot in a cast all summer, this was indeed good news.) However, he feels that my back is a problem. I have possibly slipped a disc. There is definitely inflammation and a pinched nerve, which is making my foot tingle. So I am now taking Alleve twice a day, which is a treatment I can live with. While I am relieved to know that I'm not crazy and that there is something wrong, I am also still tired and not feeling quite like myself. The 3-day weekend coming up should help me to get rested out, however. (Nice of the 4th of July to fall on a Saturday this year!)

So, as far as my projects go, I have decided that I am just going to work on what I feel like day to day. I would like to finish Eva's shawl for the conference in August, but if it doesn't happen, that's ok. I am also contemplating making squares for another afghan. But if I do, then I am telling myself that I have to spend some time in the fall and winter sewing afghan squares together to straighten up the craft room. This does put the 52 Projects in 52 Weeks challenge in jeopardy, but at this point, I'm really not sure I could keep up the pace, so that's ok too. Stash reduction will continue, and that's what's important.

Happy Fourth of July to all of you who celebrate! Have a great and relaxing holiday weekend.

7 comments:

Joan said...

Hello Ring Member,

Need a new ringmaster for the New England Knits webring or I plan to delete the ring. PLMK if you are willing to take over as ringmaster.

Thanks,
Joan
vamanta@gmail.com

Knitika said...

Hey, so sorry to hear about the foot pain, but it's good to have discovered more information about where it's coming from. I wish you much healing and relief!

Taphophile said...

Go easy on yourself. You've identified the aim of the challenge which is crafting from stash. Hope the treatment helps soon.

CrochetWithDee said...

Priscilla,
I'm sorry you're not feeling well. It sounds like we need to come to Bethel ... just say the word and the girls & I would be happy to meet you there. :)

We miss you.
~Dee

Sandy said...

Must be a relief to hear things with the foot are better than you thought; but the back......you really must take care of it. I just visited my chiropractor today. He's one my favorite people. lol Seriously I feel so much better when I see him on a regular basis, I call him magic fingers.

Take care and don't beat yourself up about the goal. I'm wayyyyyyyyyy behind last year too. Remember we do the best we can at the time.

Sandy

msfitzita said...

Stash REDUCTION? Huh?

Clearly I'm doing something wrong...because mine keeps growing and growing and growing ;)

Anyway, I'm so sorry about the foot and back pain, but very glad they've sorted it out, and hoping you're on the mend!

Sandy said...

Hoping you're feeling by now and have gotten some needed rest. I'm still behind on projects, we've just got to plug along as best we can when we can. My sorta goal is to finish all the WIP I've got laying around, but the last 2 times I've sat down to crochet, I started other items, things that required less...so I've not made progress on the WIP completion. lol

Popping in to say hi to all the Bridge members, we've got some news about special summer needs, goals, new design etc. Pop in to catch up. Besides, it gets lonely there when no one comes to visit.

Sandy
Bridge and Beyond