Wednesday, October 14, 2009

This and That

First, it occurred to me after I posted yesterday that 21-5=16, not 15. So I need to finish or get rid of 6 projects by the end of the month to be halfway to my goal. It's still doable, unlike math, which is apparently not my strong suit.

Second, I am happy to report that all this finishing gave me enough space in the craft room that I was able to spend Monday morning up there cleaning and straightening up. I put a lot of yarn away, and it was nice to find that there was room in the storage bins for it. I guess the stash down efforts are paying off, at least a little bit. It is also nice to have floor space and breathing room where the yarn lives.

I gathered all the WIPs in one place, and this chair is now the center of my crafting life for the next 2 and a half months.
This is where I spend most of my time at home, watching TV and working on projects.

I also gathered up all the projects where I have yarn and patterns matched up, but I haven't actually started yet, and here they are, ready and waiting for me upstairs in the craft room.
The black Lion Brand bag is chock full of small projects, mostly scarves and shawls. The other bags are sweaters waiting to be made. You can also see some of the stash yarn behind the bags. (Unfortunately, there's more yarn in other parts of the room.)

So, as you can see, I have my work cut out for me. I have also decided that I would like to work through my stash by the time I retire, which will hopefully happen in about 10 years. To accomplish this, I will need to continue to buy yarn sparingly, and I will need to use up about 10 miles of yarn a year. But I think I will be happier in retirement without the overwhelming stash, just buying yarn for particular projects.

3 comments:

Taphophile said...

You are doing so well, mathematically challenged or not. :)

Love your crafting corner. I have a similar chair, but as yet no clear space to call its own.

Sandy said...

I sooooooooo relate. I have bags with yarn/half done projects sitting around my office. I too cleaned up a bit some time back and at least now it doesn't look like a pit. lol I have lots of yarn in the basement though in bags and containers thats unspoken for. I need to get busy and knit and crochet a bunch and use some of it up. I'm not doing very well in that department. As my time has been really sparse of late. And it seems I spend more time here on the computer, visiting and having blog fun.

Sandy

Fluffy said...

Oh how I can relate to having XXXL ziplock bags and plastic containers to hold my yarn. I made an attempt to cleaning out my bedroom to finding more yarn to add to my "yarn" room. I'm working on clearing a space to add my comfy couch to finish my WIPs. Keep up the good work