Wednesday, September 30, 2009

This Won't Continue...

...but I have another FO for today. I finished up the scarf I was making using 2 skeins of LB Wool Ease and size 15 needles.
I had yarn left, but I decided that 40" was long enough. The scarf is really thick, so it isn't comfortable to wrap around the neck several times. At 40", it covers the chest, so it will keep someone warm. This will be donated eventually, I'm just not sure where right now.

I actually finished it before dinner yesterday. So that left me free to mess with another old project last night. Unfortunately, it didn't go as well as the teddy bear. I pulled out some squares I had made back in the 1990s for 2 baby afghans. (I think the babies these afghans were originally intended for are almost teenagers by now!) After messing around with the squares for a while, I came to a difficult conclusion. I don't have enough yarn to finish the project properly. I was using Red Heart Sport, which I don't think is available any more. And it is some nasty, hard yarn. I just don't have the heart to try to find a way to finish this project, so I am going to trash it. It's not easy for me to say that, but I know that I have other projects from the same era that I will finish, so I don't feel too bad.

And the good news is that I am now starting October with 26 projects instead of 30. That makes me feel much better!

2 comments:

Taphophile said...

Honey, you are doing just great! It takes a lot of work to admit that there will be no FO from that UFO. Life's to short to craft with crappy materials anyway. Loved the little bear. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comment, Priscilla. It feels good to get back to the blog -- it has been quite some time! I, too, love fall in New England. I don't think I could live anywhere else :-)

What a great idea to get through all your UFO's before the end of the year and start the next with a clean slate.