Monday, January 05, 2009

Slower Going

So after I posted about my 2008 FO totals and my 2009 challenges last week, it occurred to me that I can actually make fewer items this year and still meet my 2009 goals. Really, I am looking at making 52 small items and 4 sweaters. If I can do that, I will be happy. In turn, this will free up time for the 52 books in 52 weeks challenge. Maybe, just maybe, I will finally achieve a balance this year between all my hobbies!

So right now, I am happily working on 5 scarves and 1 shawl, mostly in the evenings. I will hopefully start my first sweater next weekend. And I read most of The Daughter of Time this weekend. I feel much less rushed about everything, which is very nice and relaxing. And it actually feels good to give myself permission to read, and to rediscover how much I enjoy a good book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A book? Hmmm...I think I vaguely remember what that word means! lol

I totally know that feeling! I used my Borders gift card yesterday and that's exactly what I got - two books to READ!!!

Sandy said...

Nice to have a plan. How bout you get books on tape. You can listen to the books while you're stitching.

Now...if I could solve how to stitch while exercising I'd be in better shape.

Balance is good. Good luck
Sandy