Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Getting Ready for Next Year's Challenges

First of all, I want to thank Knitika for being my cheerleading section as I get ready for next year's challenges! I will take all the encouragement I can get.

One of the requirements of the "100 skeins in 2009" challenge is that we can only count full skeins towards the total. Happily, I spent a lot of time this year finishing up my partial skeins, so my stash is in good shape for the challenge. However, I am now trying to stay focused and finish at least some of my WIPs, since I am in the middle of skeins with most of them. Unfortunately, this includes 2 shawls and an afghan, as well as 3 scarves that I am knitting with fingering weight yarn and 2 second socks. Yikes! For some of these projects, I might be able to finish the skein I am currently working on and then put the project down until next year. I haven't accomplished much this week, what with the holiday looming, but I have every intention of getting organized this weekend (and cleaning up the yarn room again). I'll try to post some WIP pictures over the next few days so you can see what I am talking about. And on the upside, if I do get some WIPs finished now, I can start several new projects in January. I'm really looking forward to that!

For everyone who celebrates it, have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Thanks for the good wishes for mom etc.

Know what you mean about trying to finish up projects. We're all in that boat it seems.

I've been wanting to buy more yarn, but also wanting to use up stash....can't really do both.

Sandy

Sandy said...

Hey...tell me about your hat drive? Saw something over on HOmespun, wasn't aware you were collecting something.
Sandy