Monday, October 06, 2008

More Catching Up

I finally got off my duff this morning and took some pictures of some more projects that I have been working on lately.

I started knitting preemie hats this summer, and I got 4 done before my attention drifted.
I came nowhere near finishing the skein of yarn I was using, however, so now I might start a preemie blanket with the same yarn to try and use it up.

I also crocheted a "One Skein Scarf" at the end of September. This one will be donated to my crochet guild for their November sale.

And finally, over the past few days I have crocheted 2 hats and another pair of wrist warmers.
I intended the purple hat to be a chemo hat, since the yarn is soft. However, the hat and wrist warmers look so nice as a set that they might also go into the crochet guild sale. The red hat is toddler sized, on purpose this time since I wanted to finish another partial skein and there was only enough yarn for a small hat. It will probably also be donated to the guild sale.

All this, and my big bag of acrylic yarn still isn't getting any emptier. I may have to rethink this particular stashbusting strategy, because the big bag of yarn is starting to discourage me a little bit! However, it is certainly convenient to have so much yarn sitting right next to my chair, so the big bag of yarn will stay put for now.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Very nice. Hum....wrist warmers...I've not made any of those. How do people wear them? I mean...are they an indoor or an outdoor item?

Thanks for the visit and compliment. I'm not really all that fast, but since I have multiple things going at one time, often I finish up several items collectively too. I sorta like the mental burst I get when I do that.

Anxious to hear more about those wrist warmers, looking at them looks like a great thing to make with odds and ends...is there a particular charity that accepts or needs them?

Thanks
Sandy

Sandy said...

Me again, popping in to say hi. Hope you had a good wkend.
Sandy