Saturday, September 13, 2008

Big Hooks & Bulky Yarn...

...equal quickly worked up projects! Yes, I spent yesterday holding 2 strands of yarn together and using a P hook to make 2 child sized hats.
This got 4 partial skeins of yarn out of the stash. I used my favorite hat pattern, and I enjoyed myself immensely. Since I had yesterday off from work, it probably would have been more sensible to work on a bigger project, but I just wanted the satisfaction of using up some yarn quickly.

I also started a scarf using 2 strands of yarn and a Q hook. I should have that finished tonight, and then hopefully I can make another 1 or 2 tomorrow. Once I get through these partial skeins, I will be able to start on some hat/scarf sets.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Those hats will be super warm, double strands! Nice to get headway made...isn't it?

Have a great wkend.

Sandy

Sandy said...

Pop over, nominated you for the blogs I love to read award.

Sandy

Steph said...

So pretty!