Monday, November 30, 2009

Not Sure Where November Went!

I'm not at all sure what happened to November. It turned into a very busy month, at work and at home. I seemed to spend a lot of it rather tired. And I didn't accomplish nearly as much as I wanted to on my WIPs.

Having said that, however, I did manage to bring the WIP list down to single digits. I frogged 3 scarves which I decided I just didn't like. I finished another scarf, which I will photograph once I block it. Right now, it is a little small, so I am hopeful that blocking will make it wearable.

My biggest triumph this month happened last Saturday morning when I finally felted the Lucy Bag. I finished knitting the bag at the end of January, 2008, and it has sat in the craft room sinced then. Here's what it looked like before felting:

I'll admit that I was a little nervous about the felting process. But I told myself that Saturday was the day, and if I ruined the bag, then all I had wasted was some yarn and some time. After all of 15 minutes in the washing machine, I had a perfectly felted bag:
This turned out so well that I now feel like a procrastinating idiot. But I am very pleased with the bag, and I think it is going to become my every day purse.

So, 21 WIPs down, and 9 more to go!

9 comments:

Knitika said...

The bag turned out cute! Congratulations on the ever-diminishing WIP list.

sara said...

The bad looks great! I hope I can get my WIP numbers down during December.

Sandy said...

It's been awhile since I've felted, but thought it was fun. Did you put any soda in your wash water? I've read that speeds up the felting process.

The thing I find difficult is how much bigger to make something to end with the size you want.

The color sure changed. Congrats on getting down to single digits. Boy do I agree with where does time go, and being too busy. Last wk was the wk from hell. I put in lots of hours of work and ended up having overtime, am hopeful this week will be a bit lighter.

Sandy

SANDY said...

Popping in today from The Bridge, hope things are going well for you.

Sandy

Sandy said...

Visiting all the folks on my blog log from Sandy's Space today to say Merry Christmas (I happen to have a few minutes and didn't want to miss the opportunity).

Sandy

SANDY said...

Visiting Bridge and Beyond Team Members today to say Merry Christmas, and to ask everyone to double their efforts with donations, the need is great and growing daily.

Sandy

Sandy said...

I'm practicing some different stitches with these sections of the preemie blankets. Sorta nice, not doing a lot, but a good way to try some new things.

Barely got started on the scarf....loving it so far. Stay tuned.

Sandy

Sandy said...

Me popping in again, hubby's watching the football game. I'm not the least bit interested so thought I'd do a little blog visiting to see how folks are doing.

We got a fair amount of snow today, it's cold...pretty, but cold.

Sandy

Sandy said...

Happy WkEnd, Me popping in again.
Sandy