Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Total Yardage for September...

...is 1,463.5 yards. I didn't quite make my goal of using some yardage everyday (thanks to that nasty cold I caught), but I am pleased with the number nonetheless. I will set myself the same goal for October and hope it goes even better. Goodness knows I have enough to do, what with the various charity projects I want to work on.

I have a couple of things that are finished that I will photograph and post about soon, but I haven't gotten anything finished over the last week. I think the lingering cough from the cold is wearing me out a bit. So, in the meantime, I want to post a couple of pictures of items I made this year that, for whatever reason, I never blogged about.

First up, another hat that will be sent to Warm Up Winchester. I made this back in February from a wool/camel blend from the stash. Not surprisingly, it came out toddler size. (I really need to expand my hat repertoire!)

And here are some baby booties that I finally finished up earlier in September and donated to my mom for the craft sale her apartment complex is having this month.

I will have plenty more items like these to show you over the next month!

Posting may continue to be a bit light over the next few days. Tomorrow is my dh's 50th birthday, so I still have some preparations to finish. We will go out to dinner tomorrow night, and then I think we are going take a road trip on Saturday and just have a play day. But hopefully things will be back to normal next week.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Happy Birthday Hubby! Hope your day is special.

The booties are darling! And they're always fun to make.

Hat's of all sizes are still a good thing. Maybe add 5 stitches and bump up a needle size next time. Sometimes it doesn't take much to change the size of something, even without going to another pattern.

Have a fabulous week.

Sandy

Sandy said...

Happy Birthday Hubby! Hope your day is special.

The booties are darling! And they're always fun to make.

Hat's of all sizes are still a good thing. Maybe add 5 stitches and bump up a needle size next time. Sometimes it doesn't take much to change the size of something, even without going to another pattern.

Have a fabulous week.

Sandy

Sandy said...

Thanks for computer info. I did load FF. Though I'm not very comfortable with it, doesn't seem much different than IE, the flicker badge on my blog doesn't visualize when I'm using FF, but does with IE. I've tried to change the font on FF...looks like big old clunky typewriter font, but I can't get it to accept the change. So currently back on IE and doing fine. Though Ghost solved her problem and so I don't need FF to see her blog now. I do still want to explore FF more though, cause I hear such good things about it. So, for now...I have both.

Hope you're doing well.
Sandy

Sandy said...

Good to hear they renamed the blue to Olympic Blue. I think thats a nice tribute. Wonder if that means it will be more available than it's been?
Even if not used for the Special Olympics, it's such a pretty color.
Sandy