Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Pleasant Surprise!

I got a very pleasant surprise last Wednesday morning. I have been working away diligently on my mobius shawl (pattern by Doris Chan in Amazing Crochet Lace), and I took the time to measure it last week. It was long enough. I was so pleased! So I finished the crocheting and wove in the ends. Yesterday, I had time to block it and seam it, and I was able to wear it to crochet guild today. Dee was kind enough to take some pictures of me. (Dee, I hope you don't mind that I cropped one rather severely. I just thought it would show up the stitch pattern better.)


I started this shawl in January 2007. I used the yarn the pattern called for, Ritratto by S. Charles. I only used 2 skeins, though, so now I have an extra skein which will probably become a scarf one of these days. The shawl is very warm, despite being lacy, and very comfortable to wear. So all in all, I am very pleased with this FO.

Unfortunately, this is probably going to be the last crocheted FO for a little while. My left hand is sore. I think I did something to it a couple of weeks ago at work, but crocheting just keeps aggravating whatever the problem is. I may be able to work a little bit at Eva's shawl, because it is so lightweight, but that's going to be about it this week. So I am going to take some time to read Hooked on Murder, maybe knit a little bit (which doesn't seem to be so hard on my hand), and play on Ravelry. I'll drop in if I have something to post about, but otherwise I won't be posting during the coming week. This is actually good timing, because I have plans for every night for the next 6 days, so I probably wouldn't be getting much crafting done anyways. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Deneen said...

Yay for you and yay it used less yarn (yes, I still have the same yarn and plan to make it someday)-Eva's shawl too.

I've been reading a lot lately too and working on Tawashi!