Thursday, February 14, 2008

Slippers

You know, all this finishing up UFOs has been great. It has been fun, and I feel quite virtuous with every project I complete! But I have to admit that I am really starting to miss my charity knitting and crocheting. Other than the chemo hats, I really haven't done any charity work so far this year. And even worse, I haven't been able to decide what I wanted to work on.

Until yesterday, that is. Robyn over at Warm With Love periodically posts about various charities, most of which are new to me. Yesterday, she had a post up about a charity called Steven's Comfy Toes. They make slippers for children in Nevada. I think what really got to me was the fact that the site says that children whose feet are cold get sick more often. I had never thought about that before. (My mother, the nurse, has for years expounded on the fact that hats help reduce ear infections, but she never mentioned cold feet.) Anyway, that really tugged at my heartstrings. So, after looking at all the pattern links (and wondering where all these links were in the fall when I was working on the Soaring Eagles project and couldn't settle on a slipper pattern), I printed 3 out and cast on for a pair of knitted slippers yesterday afternoon. (My wireless router is not working at full strength today, so no pics until the slippers are finished.)

I promise to continue to work on my UFOs as time allows. But in the meantime, it feels good to have a small, doable charity project going again.

No comments: