Monday, December 24, 2007

Log Cabin Afghan Finished - Check!


It took until 5:30 last night, right before dinner, but I got the log cabin afghan finished. I had finished crocheting the main body of the afghan on Saturday afternoon, but I didn't have the heart to start weaving in ends until Sunday. But it's finished, and I feel terrific about it! It took me just under 6 weeks to finish this one, which is definitely a personal best for me. Usually, an afghan takes me a year to finish! However, I said to my dh last night that I don't think I am going to crochet for a few days. I need a bit of a break.

I finished another scarf on Saturday as well. It was a simple garter stitch scarf made from Plymouth Eros. (I still need to weave ends in, so no picture.) That makes 4 finished scarves this month, along with everything else I have been finishing. So I think I might cast on 1 or 2 new scarves this week. I really enjoy knitting scarves. They are so portable and fun, and I can try out some new to me stitch patterns. Then, by the end of the week, when I am up for crocheting again, I can get back to making some chemo hats.

Wishing everyone a safe, happy and healthy holiday season!

3 comments:

Deneen said...

Beautiful!

Linda said...

It's beautiful! Congratulations on finishing it so quickly.

Kathy said...

BEAUTIFUL