Monday, August 27, 2007

The Ghana Project

Even though I have wound down on making afghan squares, I got a lovely email last week from Pam, letting me know about a charity project she is spearheading. It's called the Ghana Project, and she is looking for knitted or crocheted 7" squares. She is combining the squares into afghans that are being donated to children who are undergoing surgery to correct spinal deformities in Ghana. I think it is a terrific project, and once I get some hats, mittens and scarves made, I intend to make a few squares to send along, since I will have even more odds and ends of yarn to use! I should also add that Pam has a wide variety of knitted stitch patterns you can use to make your squares. I'm looking forward to trying some of them out.

I'm not sure where the weekend went! I spent several hours yesterday finalizing the guild's newsletter, and it's almost ready to be sent out. I also realized that at least 4 of the projects I'm currently working on are using wool yarn, which is really unusual for me. But with temps in the high 80s and low 90s, with humidity to match, working with wool yarn just wasn't enticing this weekend! I did play around with a cotton project, which I will show you all tomorrow. And the weather is at least drier today, so maybe I can get back to that wool yarn and finish a couple of projects up.

No comments: