Friday, August 18, 2006

Procrastinating

I have been wandering around online this morning putting off blogging because I don't seem to have a lot to say about fiber today. In a summer full of hectic weeks, this one has been a douzy, and it seems to have worn me out completely. Even when we are fully staffed at the library, we are not adequately staffed, but most of the time we manage. This week we had 2 full timers and one part timer on vacation, and then one of my part timers had an unscheduled root canal Wednesday morning and has been out most of the week. We only have 20 employees, so that is 1/5th of our workforce who are unavailable. We have been stretched a bit thin to say the least. This is on top of the normal summer busyness, the "end of summer reading" party we hosted for the public on Wednesday, and the disruption to two of our public desks on Wednesday when we finally got the granite countertops installed that we have been waiting for for a year now.

And, since I don't have enough stress in my life this time of year, my dh decided to buy a new car this week. He bought a Pontiac Vibe, which he will pick up tomorrow afternoon. The entire process has gone very smoothly, but it's one of those things where there is so much you can't control and so many potential snags along the way that it is just stressful. This probably explains why, when I came home for lunch on Tuesday, I managed to drop half a jar of salsa on my off white rug. Luckily, this particular rug is fairly trashed already. But now, in addition to all of the dark stains on it, it also has a large red one which has so far resisted three attempts at cleaning. I guess I'm going to live it until we get around to redoing the room and ripping out the carpeting. Sigh.

At least I am off from work today, since I am working tomorrow. I have some errands to run, but then I am going to recharge my batteries by crocheting up a storm this afternoon. I promise to return next week in a better mood and with more fibery goodness for you all. Have a great weekend!

No comments: